Tuesday 4 February 2014

Mood board : Romantic comedy



Before starting research on my romantic comedies, I felt that the best way to start was by creating a mood board that I felt represented the stuff I think is in romantic comedies.

One of the first things that came to my mind when thinking about what is found in these type of films is that use of settings such as restaurants, cafes and cinemas. Semantically, food plays some type of role in these type of movie as they are places that seem to attract 'couples' which then can spark important scenes in the film.

I also thought about the type of characters you find in these films. Usually they live in the city and are busy people who don't have time to 'find' love or are in a relationship that is struggling for various reasons. The main characters in these films usually have a lot going for them in some situations or it can be the complete opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment